8.12.2017

Sunny Saturday

Glorious week.  It's been a week to remember for a few reasons: A date with my husband.  Another date with my husband.  Three trips to the doctor.   (Yikes.) A Starbucks date with myself.  When it rains, it pours, and this week has been a storm of loveliness (and doctor visits).  Note: my babes are fine, we just had a run in with some weird plant outside.

Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a tad bit sunnier.


The Turquoise Table by Kristin Schell.  What an incredible book with a powerful, relatable message about hospitality.  Although knowing my neighbors looks a bit different when my closest one is a half mile away, it is still an inspiring book about how to love the people in your everyday.

I love a good latte from Starbucks.  Unfortunately, I live about 25 minutes from the nearest one.  Fortunately, I found this yummy One Touch Latte in a can and it does the trick on mornings I'm not headed to the city.  I have tried a lot of 'at home' latte recipes and this can that looks like whipped cream is the real deal.  It makes my morning quiet time extra sweet.

Au Courant.  If you're a local and love French food, you have probably already been here.  This week Kevin and I checked it out for the first time and GUYS it was fantastic.  My friend, Carrie, recommended it and she always has the best recommendations.  Kevin and I tend to go to our tried and true places on date night, but we decided to mix it up this week.  I learned my lesson: trying new places is good.  Check this place out for a date night if you're in Omaha.

Our Summer Bucket List has been mastered and we had so much fun making our dreams come true the past three months.  We are about to embark on a road trip and we wanted to finish this up before we left.  I love summer, but I am also super stoked about the cooler temperatures, pumpkin patch play dates, and weather that warrants a warm cup in my hands.  Summer, you were good to us, but bring on fall!

All the flowers are disappearing on the farm, but these beauties are still hanging around.  This tall sedom turns a dusty red in August and September and although they aren't known for being cut flowers, I bring them inside anyway. My friend, Bri, had some in her kitchen once and I thought it was brilliant. #ihaveawesomefriends  With not much in bloom right now, these will make my kitchen pretty without spending any dough.

I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today!  We are spending time with family as we get ready to dedicate our little man tomorrow.  Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...