3.05.2014

No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars


I had a reason to bake last week...woohooo!  We had a small family get together on Thursday because my sister-in-law, Hillary, and her little princess, Kathryn, were in town for a few days.  It's so good when they're here!  I made these no-bake peanut butters; mainly because I was being a bit lazy and they are no-bake, but also because I hadn't tried them and they looked so good.  And. they. are.  They are rich and decadent.  My kind of dessert.  Hope you try!

No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Adapted from Add a Pinch

Ingredients
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter

3 ounce dark chocolate bar, chopped
1 T shortening
1/4 cup peanut butter chips

Directions
1.  Combine first four ingredients until smooth and creamy.  Spread evenly into 9x13 pan.
2.  Combine the ingredients for the topping into glass bowl.  Melt in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in-between.  Stir until smooth.
3.  Pour topping on peanut butter bar base.
4.  Put pan into freezer for 15 minutes.  Store in refrigerator.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...