4.25.2014

Easter

I know I have said this before, but I'm going to say it again.  Easter is one of my favorite holidays.  Celebrating Jesus laying down his life for us just makes me happy.  

We had a busy weekend with lots of family.  We stopped in Grinnell first to visit Kevin's side of the family.  Sweet little Kathryn was there and she is just pure joy.  She is one of the happiest babies I know and her cute little belly just makes me merry.  To top it off, she had the cutest Easter bunny outfit with matching ears that she didn't pull off.   Luke would have torn those off in a heartbeat. 

Great-Grandma and Grandpa Turner with Luke and Kathryn

We headed to Ottumwa on Saturday morning after we had to wake Mr. Luke up from his sleep about 8:00.  (I think he was still recovering from our travels.)  Ottumwa is always so much fun, but such a whirlwind.  I feel like we have to squeeze a week's worth of stuff into a day and a half.  We saw my sweet Grandpa and Grandma, all the kiddos, my parents and siblings, and Coop and Paige.  We played kickball, helped Santa's elf in his workshop (Coop), ate some yummy food, went to church and had an Easter egg hunt, and watched bits and pieces of the Ten Commandments.  It flew by and before we knew it we were in the car headed home.  

I hope you had a blessed Easter weekend filled with lots of time with your friends and family reflecting on Jesus' amazing sacrifice for us. 

Great-Grandpa Hasley, Kevin, and Luke

Luke and Grandpa touching hands

All the kiddos before church

Luke wasn't sure to think of all his cousins and their candy.

Easter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...