10.21.2017

Sunny Saturday

We are coming off a tough week. I received a good reminder from one of my favorite little girls: My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY...there's nothing my God cannot do.  That girl is a truth teller.  And then there were glimmers of hope and redemption in some lives that are so dear and close to us. I am so thankful to serve a God that is bigger than the hard and ugly things of this world and can redeem anything and anyone.  

On a lighter note, it was a beautiful sun-shiny week on the Trail.  We had five stellar days of sunshine and 70 degrees and it doesn't get much better. Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a bit sunnier and a lifted my spirits.



Reading is one of my favorite things to do when I get the time to do it.  Tsh Oxenreider released a new book At Home in the World this spring and after reading it I have been going back and reading her other books.  Organized Simplicity is a book about intentional living and I am speed reading it.  A lot of the tips I already have implemented because I read Tsh's blog as well as devour other simple living books, but it's a good read nonetheless.  I just love Tsh...check her out at http://theartofsimple.net.  On a side note, I recently started checking out books from the library and have already saved loads of money.  And, guys, I can put them on hold online and just pick them up. Genius.

Give me all the white pumpkins.  One of these years I'm going to do my wallet a favor and buy some white pumpkin seeds.  #nextyear?  I picked this guy up at Trader Joe's and he is as imperfect as they come, which is why I love him.  It sits simply on the brick by my wood burning stove.  Jude uses it help himself stand up and Luke and Lily sit on it and take turns trying to pick it up while I tell them in my nicest mom voice to 'please-put-it-back-down-noooowwww'. This scenario is on repeat all day long.

Do you have a friend who just oozes love and thoughtfulness?  I am blessed with many and one of them sent me this beautiful runner for my dining room table this week.  It was a sweet surprise and perfect for this time of year.  It came from Etsy if you want to find one similar.  Thank you dear friend.  I love you!



It is soup weather!!!  I love a good soup, especially if it's served with some fresh bread.  My gardener extraordinaire mother-in-law has a bunch of butternut squash and I have used them to make this delicious roasted squash soup twice in two weeks.  The hardest part is cutting the squash, but I have a trick passed down from Kevin's Grandma Turner.  Simply slice a few lines down the squash and microwave for 3-4 minutes and it is much, much easier to cut.  (Thanks Grandma Turner!!) You should definitely get this soup in your dinner rotation.  

We are spending the weekend with family, which is always so good.  Have a Sunny Saturday, all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...