10.14.2017

Sunny Saturday

What a week.  We actually had to crank on the heat in the middle of the week, because it got chilly...around 40 degrees.  And then today I am sitting outside typing away in the sunshine.  Oh the diversity of fall!  This week was a MOPS week, so I was able to be with my mom friends and, as always, it filled my cup.

Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a bit sunnier.


First up, I am on a bread making kick lately.  My Cooking Club girls have tasted my failed, unleavened bread, but I think I might have turned a corner. #fingerscrossed  This week I whipped up a loaf that looked and smelled and tasted heavenly.  One of my goals in life right now is to be a woman who bakes bread.  You could call it one of my values (ha).  Practice makes perfect and my carb-loving children don't mind the job of taste testing one bit.



Being flexible.  My personality wants to know what is going on a week from now...yesterday.  Unfortunately for my brain, the world doesn't quite work that way.  Instead, I am left being pulled in a different direction at 1:00 in the afternoon than was on my schedule at 6:00 in the morning.  On Tuesday of this last week as we headed home from the city, we watched combines, grain carts, grain trucks, and tractors busily working on our fields across from our home. I was planning on completing some school activities, but instead, spent the next hour and a half either riding in a combine or watching one.  Don't get me wrong, it was an absolute joy for me to watch my babes get giddy with excitement over the big green machines.  The discomfort I felt with the change in schedule was not fun, but so worth it after I watched my children's wide eyes and thought about it later that afternoon.  They learned so much more watching and riding in those combines than I could have taught them in an hour at the kitchen counter.  Flexibility is a skill I am attempting to obtain through practice and experience.  I have a feeling it will be a life long journey...



Pumpkins.  You probably have one on your porch right now.  We have little ones scattered throughout the house and I picked up a bunch of small ones at a farm stand down the road.  Luke and Lily painted a few this week and it kept them busy for a good thirty minutes.  One can never have too many pumpkins.  Yes?



Beyond Belief is a campaign our church is currently engaged in to surrender more of ourselves to God and grow in generosity.  I love how our church community intentionally thinks about the future and dreams of more people hearing about Jesus.  I'm all in and am personally praying to hear from God to see how He would use me during this endeavor.

Today we are watching football (obviously) and prepping for our Journey Group bonfire tomorrow afternoon.  Fall really is one of my favorite times of year! Have a Sunny Saturday, all!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...