12.11.2011

Beautiful Things

This past week a song has been following me.  My morning and evening commutes have been  filled with the song, Beautiful Things, by Gungor.  I love the simplicity of the lyrics and the power they possess.  If you haven't heard it, check it out on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7VOKQ0xJY
I was reminded of this song this weekend when Kevin and I visited our new nephew Jakobi Jeffrey in Ottumwa.  He is a week old today and is unbelievably precious, but I may be just a teensy bit bias.  He came to us a delicate 6 pounds and 10 ounces.  As I held him for the first time, I realized how I had forgotten what a newborn feels like in my arms.  I remembered very quickly and I didn't forget all day, as he was in MY arms all day (thank you Brandon and Shamica).  I did let Kevin steal him for a few minutes here and there, but I enjoyed, and took advantage of, a complete day with my brand new little nephew.  There was lots of kisses, rocking, whispering I love yous, and TONS of pictures.  Kevin, being the amazing husband that he is, gave me my Christmas present early just because of little Jakobi's arrival.  I am the proud owner of a new Canon T2i camera and it was just perfect to capture the moments of the weekend.  Here are some of those moments:
One of those few minutes Kevin held Jakobi.

Jakobi doing what he does best...taking a snooze!

Kevin taking a picture since I had my arms full.

Sweet little fingers...only God could create this beautiful little miracle!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...