12.30.2011

House Remodel: Floors and cabinets

Only my 4th post in 4 days, I'm not overdoing it am I?  Like I said, I have a lot of time on my hands right now...
I just HAD to share this because I am so giddy with excitement and texting my mom and Kevin just didn't do it.  Like my dad would say...there have been 'big doings' upstairs this week.  Floors have been put in and sanded down.  The 'old' floors match the new ones almost perfectly (yes!).  And today I came home from a trip to the city to find...CABINETS!!!!  Real, big, beautiful, alder, not yet stained cabinets.  The guys are working upstairs as I speak (they got to experience my excitement as well) and I snapped a few pictures to illustrate the astounding progress this week.

The sanded floors coming up the stairs.



This is a bedroom that had blue carpet.  Kevin burned the blue carpet yesterday
and the floors will be refinished!  YAY!

CABINETS!

Where the refrigerator will eventually go

Corner bench


The rest of the process, as I understand it, is after they get the cabinets in, they will stain them, then stain the doors.  We still have hardware to pick out along with a faucet and light fixtures for the dining room and entry way.  I'm sure there are some things that I'm not thinking of right now, but it's probably because my mind is clouded by the thought that this could be done in the next 4 weeks (fingers crossed)...HORRAY!  
Cheers to an incredible 2012!
(And GO HAWKS!!!! and Cyclones!)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...