11.20.2013

Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies



This Peanut Butter Wednesday recipe was made last week.  I had bunches of Rolos left over from Luke's party and decided I needed to use them up because I was eating them by the fist full during Luke's naps.  So, I thought, why not add more calories and put them into cookies?  Brilliant.  

I found this recipe over at designed decor and they are yummy.  Not too many ingredients, but you do have to refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes and make a nice little place for the Rolo in each cookie.  

This past weekend we headed across the state to Dubuque, Iowa.  My mom's side of the family lives in Dubuque and we made the trip to celebrate a great man, my Uncle Jeff.  He passed away a year ago November 15 and left behind an amazing wife, two daughters, and lots of family and friends that miss him everyday.  My aunt Janet, Jeff's wife, along with their daughters and my grandma, had a bench dedicated to Jeff down by the river.  It is a beautiful place to remember Jeff and I look forward to seeing him in heaven one day!  

Our family got together on Saturday evening and it was great to catch up with them all and remember Jeff.  I brought these cookies and they were quite a hit, although I forgot to put some bread in the container, so they were a tad dry from the drive over.  No one seemed to notice, but me.  If you love peanut butter and caramel, please try, because they are good!  Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
24 Rolos

Directions
1.  Cream butter and sugars together.  Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.  
2.  Slowly mix in the baking soda, flour, and salt.  Do not over mix.
3.  Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
4.  Preheat oven to 350.  Take a scoop of dough and split in half.  Put Rolo in bottom half and then cover Rolo with other half.  Make sure all sides of the Rolo are covered.  Repeat with the rest of the dough.
5.  Bake in preheated oven for 9 minutes.  Place on cooling rack.


our family on the bench...kevin was taking the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...