9.30.2017

Finally, Fall

Finally, fall.  It is absolutely here.  The perfect season in rural Iowa when the temperature drops just enough to dig out leggings and hoodies and the fields are golden with the glow of harvest just around the corner.  I am donning leggings as I sit with my feet up and windows open wide.  Like everyone else in the country, I am singing the praises of this glorious season.  There is something about the change in what we see, eat, drink, and smell that makes us feel more alive.  I am on the fall bandwagon.

Today I'm sharing some things that have made life just a bit sunnier.


First up, MOMCon.  If you follow me on Instagram, you know I attended a conference with mommas from around the world in Kansas City.  I was only able to be there for twenty four hours, but I packed a lot in.  I was able to hear from Bob Goff, worship with Elevation Worship, have Erin Loechner all to myself, and the best part of all, spend some quality, uninterrupted time with some of my favorite girls.  It was splendid.  Although I didn't purchase any momentos while I was there, I did get this nifty water bottle in our welcome bag and I have been using it all week long.  Lesson of the week: two littles who can reach the counter requires a water bottle with a lid.



Next up, this Wax Buffalo 'The Orchard' candle.  It is bursting with the scent of fall and I am absolutely in love with it.  Enough said.

Kevin's grandpa passed away two weeks ago.  He built the house we are now raising our family in and left a strong farming legacy to the next generation. His life was honored last weekend and for a guy in his 90s, he sure did have a lot of people come out to celebrate him.  These flowers have been brighting up our kitchen and reminding us of him. 

Anyone else making applesauce?  There is a lot more input than output for a jar of homemade applesauce, but I find it's a simple luxury.  It's not complicated, but not easy, and takes some time and care.  The result, though, is warm, smooth fall-in-a-jar goodness.  Most of the time, I leave out the sugar.

Today is my sweet husband's birthday.  We will be celebrating by staying home and eating good food and watching football all day, per his request.  I can definitely get behind that.  Have a Sunny Saturday, all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...