9.02.2017

Sunny Saturday:

A glorious three day weekend is ahead of us.  And we have zero plans in permanent marker on the calendar.  There could be some farmer's market strolling.  There could be naps for the whole family.  There could be a Quarry visit.  There could be a few pancake-making slow mornings.  I pray there is a lot of slowness to the next three days.

This week I'm sharing some things that made the last seven days a bit sunnier.


First up, routine people.  We slowly, but surely are back into a routine.  We did some 'practice' days of school this week and I tried a few different formats and ideas to see what would work and not work.  Also, my children are back on their nap schedules.  #allthepraisehands  I love the back to school season for a lot of reasons (like the pretty school supplies and football), but the number one reason my heart flutters when September rolls around is routine.  

Next up is MOPS.  I am a big believer in the power of a great community of women and MOPS is it.  If you are a momma with toddlers, I urge you to check them out.  I am starting to get emails about upcoming meetings in the next few weeks and I am absolutely giddy with excitement.

Notes from a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World by Tsh Oxenreider.  I read Tsh's new book At Home in the World and I decided I need to read more of her words.  She resonates with me and I pretty much devour any simple living book I can get my hands on.  

Sunflowers are beautifying the farm.  They are the blooms that close out summertime and make these last few 80 degree weeks absolutely stunning.  I can see them popping over my fence from anywhere in my kitchen.  They make the landscape outside our back door a teensy bit whimsical.

Table grapes.  Have you ever picked grapes?  My mother-in-law and father-in-law have a vineyard and we had the luxury of picking grapes this week.  The kids had so much fun and I'm not sure I have ever tasted better grapes than grapes right off the vine.  I highly suggest finding a pick-your-own-berry farm in your area and taking your kids to pick apples, peaches, grapes, or any other fruit that is in season right now.  (If you live in my area, shoot me a text and you can come over and I'm sure we can find something for you to pick.) It is so worth it.


Cheers for a slow three day weekend!  Hope you all have a Sunny Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...