2.03.2018

Sunny Saturday

Today we are celebrating our littlest's first birthday.  It is joyful, exciting, and a bit bittersweet.  Where did the past year go?  I can't tell you.  But time passes and Jude is one and we are going to celebrate today!

Here are some things that made my week a bit sunnier...


These barkTHINS are quite possibly the best little 'snack' I have ever eaten. I say snack because it sounds a bit healthier.  Yes?  Anyways, they don't have anything too terrible in them and the ingredient list is readable.  AND they are delicious.  I call it a win.

I have not done well taking care of this hyacinth from Trader Joe's.  In my defense, it did so well on it's own, I kind of thought it was one of those plants you don't do anything to for months.  I was wrong.  It just needs rotated in the sun and it won't flop over.  Regardless, I still find it charming and whimsical and a flowering plant in February makes me happy.

This week I tried this Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken for tacos and it was incredible.  And easy.  And we had no leftovers.  I was trying it out for Cooking Club this month and I think it's a keeper.  Tacos could be one of my love languages.

I can't believe it, but Jamie Ivey's first book, If You Only Knew: My Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free, came out this past week.  I feel like I have been waiting so long to hold it in my hands.  I preordered it and was giddy to open the box knowing it was inside.  Jamie is real and vulnerable and I can't wait to dig into this one.

Today is all about celebrating.  I love a good party.  Hope you have a fun Super Bowl weekend.


Have a Sunny Saturday, all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...