2.17.2018

Sunny Saturday

Good.  Good.  Good.  This week was a good one.  The beginning of the week was full of friends and chocolate and Valentine's Day everything.  The latter half of the week was slow and sleepy and just what we needed.  Today I am looking forward to being home with my people, soaking in these last unhurried, cold Saturdays of winter.

Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a wee bit sunnier.


First up is the book, Soulful Simplicity by Courtney Carver.  She is the originator of Project 333, a capsule wardrobe movement.  She writes on her blog, Be More with Less, about living an intentional life with less.  Her book is full of practical advice as well as her inspiring story of living life with multiple sclerosis.  If you're into simple living or just want some advice on how to simplify your life a bit, check our her blog and her book.

Most everyone loves a bite of chocolate every now and again.  These cute little heart cookies from Trader Joe's have me exerting quite the amount of self control.  (I am not winning the battle.)  They are bite-sized and perfect to curb my sweet craving.

I have been waking earlier and earlier in the morning to do some things for me before my littles rise.  I used to get about an hour earlier, but I have stretched it to about two hours.  These precious hours give me time to move my body, talk to God, read, and enjoy a cup of hot coffee.  I didn't know how much I needed these hours until I had them and now I find myself wondering if I should add another fifteen minutes.  It fills my cup and prepares me for the day ahead.  

It's the week for flowers.  I was lucky enough to have a sweet friend and my husband gift me some blooms.  When it's brown and muddy and brown outside, a fresh bouquet is just what I need to brighten things up inside.

Only two more weekends left in this short month of February!  Have a Sunny Saturday, all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...