1.27.2018

Sunny Saturday

Saturdays are for lounging.  My new mantra.  Today marks the second Saturday in a row with 0 plans.  We like to roll that way around here.  Cue the pancakes, pjs, and two full hours of reading during nap time.  A lounging day indeed.

Today I'm sharing some things that made this week a wee bit sunnier.  


Flowers.  It has come time for fresh flowers in the house.  I picked up these beauties last weekend and they're still going strong.  A $3.99 bouquet at Trader Joe's does wonders for my countertop and my mood.

Who says Christmas lights are just for Christmas?  I picked up this copper string of lights on clearance two years ago and recently pulled it out (after all my Christmas things were stored). It brings a bit of warmth to our space during this gray winter season.  Anyone else still have lights up?


I love a beautiful card.  A dear friend gifted me this for my birthday and I just adore the simple and sincere message.  It doesn't hurt that it's super cute (possibly frame-able) and was made by my friend's sister-in-law. 


On Monday everyone got a snow day except for us.  The surrounding areas received a dumping of snow while we sat gray and brown and muddy.  (I might have been a little bit jealous and bitter.)  I pretended it was a snow day, nonetheless, and made this yummy no peek beef tip recipe.  It's always a winner and super easy to throw in the oven on a slow afternoon.  

Whether you are lounging on your couch like me today or out and about doing all the things, I hope you have a great day.

Have a Sunny Saturday, all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...