1.02.2012

New Year, exciting beginnings

2011 was definitely a year of change for Kevin and I.  We sold our house in Omaha, moved twice and made the decision to live on the farm.  It was a busy year and I'm glad those decisions are behind us.  Now that we're on the farm, I feel like there are exciting beginnings going on everyday.  Most of it is because of our remodel, but it's also because I'm experiencing new things on a daily basis.  Like, solving a mystery that involved teeth marks in a breadstick (don't worry it was just Gary and Diane's cat), or coming home to a cold house because the propane was out.  I know these new beginnings are only the beginning, but it's definitely keeping me on my toes and keeping life exciting.
We are not the only ones in the Forristall family with exciting beginnings.  We rang in 2012 in Cedar Rapids with Kevin's family.  Kevin's sister, Hillary, and her husband, John, live there and we have gone to celebrate the New Year with them for two years now.  On Saturday we had the privilege to check out their new property that they are going to build on someday.  It was a gorgeous day for December and we looked at the beautiful, old barn, explored the creek, and the boys had some fun on the gator.  Kevin even took me on a (too) fast ride around the place.    They have already done so much work out there and I know their place will be incredible when it's finished.  You see, Hillary is a master at mixing old and new things and has an eye for making pieces look like they were meant to be together.  (I have solicited her help for many of the remodel decisions.)  I can't wait to see how everything develops and the beautiful home they build together.  Cheers to 2012 and all the exciting beginnings that are to come!

The old barn

Going to explore

Old knobs in the barn

Hillary and John going down by the creek.

Hillary and John

Ringing in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...