8.14.2013

Skinny Peanut Butter Brownies




Well, hello there.  Remember me?? It is half way through August and I constantly feel like I'm running a marathon that is never-ending (in a good way).  Does anyone else feel that way out there?  

This summer has been a blur of weddings, get togethers, pregnancies, babies, playdates, and lots of fun in the sun.   It has been a summer to go down in the books.  That being said...I am ready for fall and for things to slow down a bit.  Anyone else with me?  

I am bringing back Peanut Butter Wednesdays and this recipe is one for all you people out there trying to cut some calories.  I found these over at sally's baking addiction and they are scrumptious, especially when you know they are skinny, so that means you can eat just. one. more.

Our friends Todd and Kara invited us over for dinner one evening and they had the yummiest burgers, fries, and corn on the cob...a perfect summertime meal.  I brought these brownies and they were quite a hit, until I told them they were skinny brownies.  Big mistake.  I mean, who really wants to eat skinny brownies?  But, after a bite, no one seemed to mind.  Their daughter, Amelia, gobbled the last brownie up the next day when she was over for some playtime with Luke. 

Hope you get a chance to try these.  If you do, let me know what you think! 


Skinny Peanut Butter Brownies

Ingredients
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
6 oz. low fat vanilla greek yogurt (I love baking with this!)
1/4 cup skim milk
1 large egg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats


Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
2.  Put all wet ingredients besides peanut butter into a blender or food processor and blend.  (I used a blender and it worked wonderfully!)
3.  Add dry ingredients to blender and blend.
4.  Pour batter into pan.  Microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds.
5.  Drop peanut butter onto brownies and swirl gently with a knife.  Don't over-swirl!
6.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7.  Let cool completely or pop in the refrigerator for 2 hours.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...