DIY Updated vents

Kevin and I are lucky enough to live in his childhood home.  We absolutely love it here and love the fact that Luke gets to grow up in the place where we were married and where Kevin grew up.  In fact, there are marks on the doorway in the basement where Kevin's parents recorded how tall Kevin and his sister were each year...so cool!

Our home has lots of family history, and I love that, but with that history comes some small things that need updating.  We have been working on making this house our home the past two years and the work continues!  This past week I updated the air vents with a single can of spray paint.  I painted six small vents and two large vents with one can of Rust-oleum Oil-Rubbed Bronze.  It was a breeze to do and I'm glad I did it because it looks so much better and matches the other fixtures in our home.  And, for $7.50, you can't really go wrong.  

My project started with removing all the vents and cleaning them in the sink.  They were dirty; well, no, they were gross.  Really gross, I-should-have-cleaned-them-a-year-ago-gross.  Okay, moving on...after I cleaned the vents I took them down to the garage and put three light coats of spray paint on them.  I let them dry for about an hour and a half and then reinstalled them.  From start to finish this project took me Luke's morning nap to complete.  Pretty darn awesome.  

This project was an 'ah'ha' moment for me.  The things you can do with spray paint are endless and I find myself scouring the house looking for things to paint.  It's a fun game for me.  I'll let you know when I find my next project.  In the meantime, if your vents need an update, I highly recommend this easy fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...