2.04.2015

I HAD TIME TO BAKE!!! (Amazing) Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies



I am nibbling the last of these cookies as I write this and I am so bummed these delicious morsels are almost gone.  I made these cookies for our Bible Study group this past week.  I found them here.  We have some ladies that do the gluten free thing and I am telling you, I am so glad they do.  I have found some incredible cookie recipes over the past few years while looking for gluten free goodies.  Get the items needed for these and get baking...you will not regret it!

Gluten Free Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (9 ounces), divided
3 large egg whites (room temperature)
2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray two large cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2.  Whip egg whites until they form soft peaks.  Slowly beat in 1 cup of sugar until it resembles marshmallow cream.
3.  Melt 1/2 of chocolate in microwave.  Heat 1 minute, stir, then heat 1 more minute.
4.  Add sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt slowly to cream mixture.
5.  Add lukewarm chocolate and chocolate chips to mixture.  The dough will be stiff.
6.  Take 1 tablespoon scoops and roll in powdered sugar.  Place on cookie sheet.
7.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  Do not over bake!

Hope you try these...they are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...