5.06.2017

Mother's Day Goods

This weekend is looking to be a good one.  Sunny skies and a few days at home all together after a week apart with Kevin traveling.  It doesn't get much better.

Since Mother's Day is a week away, I thought I would share some of my favorite girlie-momma things and maybe spark some ideas for the mom in your life.



Because of some scheduling conflicts, this week was another Cooking Club week. Two weeks in a row makes this momma happy and sane and filled up.  The theme was Trader Joe/Costco night and we all brought items we love from either place and it. was. awesome.  It was like sample Saturday, except we went back for seconds all night long.

My friend, Lydia, won some beautiful earrings at MOPS last week and couldn't wear them because of her sensitive ears.  We had a mini giveaway at Cooking Club and I won!  These beauties from Pierce and Ivy are on trend and I am loving the black leather with the copper threading down the middle.  Bonus, they are super lightweight!  This sweet little company is made up of four best friends in our area and they have just taken off.  It is so amazing to see women working and succeeding together!

Flowers are always a favorite of mine for Mother's Day.  Tulips, iris, lilacs, hyacinth, or hydrangeas are welcome this time of year for the momma in your life.  Fresh flowers just make everything better. #amiright  It is the perfect time to cut flowers from our yard and you can bet I am cutting them as much as I can and placing them all around the house.

Everyone loves getting mail.  Luke is sure we check it each and every day. Sending cards is one way I like to show love to the special people in my life, especially since I live in the middle of flyover country.  Every year I pick up a few packs of plain cards from Hobby Lobby when they are 50% off and use them year round for different occasions: a thank you, thinking of you, mother's day, congratulations, even birthdays.  I will stamp them if I feel extra crafty or let my kids decorate them with crayons, markers, even paint if I'm up for a mess.  A great last minute Mother's Day gift would be a pack of hand decorated cards from your littles to the grandma in your life who enjoys sending love through the mail.

Pictures are always good for mommas.  Either a gifted photo shoot with a photographer or a past picture printed and framed.  My favorite place to print is Mpix because it's super fast, the quality is fantastic, and they have a plethora of sizes.  Pictures are the way to us mommas' hearts.

I'm just going to say it.  It is super hard to not cook on Mother's Day.  I know some mommas go out or some husbands cook, but sometimes it's just unavoidable and a mom is cooking lunch or dinner or both on Mother's Day.  This sausage, goat cheese, and chive bagel strata looks scrumptious and I am absolutely going to be trying it out this year.  It can be made the night before and tossed in the oven the next day for about an hour and voila...no cooking on Mother's Day!  I'm in.

I hope you have the most beautiful weekend.  Spring is so here and we are going to be spending every minute we can in the sunshine.  Happy Sunny Saturday all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...