5.13.2017

Random Sunny Saturday Ramblings

This past week we experienced a heat wave and torrential downpours.  It's the spicy spring and it surely is mixing it up on us.

The flu, or something like it, overtook our household early in the week, so we spent lots of time eating crackers and toast and applesauce sprawled out on the couch.  Fingers crossed, we are over the worst of it and I am going to spend my weekend trying to catch up on some much needed rest between all the fun happenings for Mother's Day.

Both of my grandmas are making the trek to the Trail today to meet Jude and I am over the moon about introducing our newest little man.  They are coming all the way from the other side of the state, so to say I'm excited is an understatement.  We are going to spend today eating and snuggling and chatting the day away.  You know how women can do that...

Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a bit sunnier.


This isn't cool or trendy or exciting, but it most definitely made my week a bit easier in the midst of a sick kid.  A white sheet.  It can be blue or purple or yellow, but should be a flat sheet nonetheless.  I like white, well, because bleach.  I plopped my Luke in the middle of it with a plastic bowl the entire time he was sick and it saved me from endless laundry to do and gave me piece of mind about him lounging on the couch.  It sounds gross, and it is, but it kept me from losing my mind when I was absolutely exhausted.

Mother's Day weekend means poppies.  These guys are almost always blooming over Mother's Day weekend and I love to see these paper-like beauties surprise our ditch with their bursting tangerine color.  They aren't cut worthy, but they sure are pretty to look at out our dining room window.

Grilling season.  It's simply the best and easiest time to cook dinner all year long.  We went up to Kevin's parents' house to see them before the sickness hit and it was all brats and baked beans and potato salad.  This baked bean recipe from the Pioneer Woman (bless her) is my favorite when you have some extra time on your hands to make them up really tasty and not at all bad for you.  #sensethesarcasm

Shutterfly is the place I save all my photos and make memory books for each kid once a year.  It is easy and user friendly, which is pretty much my mantra in life.  While I love Mpix for large format printed photos, Shutterfly is perfect for making books, gifts, and printing off 4x4 or 4x6 prints.  Somehow when I switched to a new phone, I didn't get the Shutterfly app downloaded.  Last week I saw an ad for free unlimited 4x4 and 4x6 prints on the app, so I downloaded and got to work printing photos for birthdays and Jude's first year calendar. Go download the app today and print to your heart's content.  Just pay shipping.


One more thing.  Slowing down.  Our sick house has caused us all to slow down this week.  Yes, we are sleep deprived.  Yes, we feel cruddy.  Yes, we are only eating toast.  But, I have snuggled Jude an incredible amount this week and looked into Luke and Lily's eyeballs and read book after book aloud and went to bed early.  These are all good things.  And this bad, yucky sick stuff is the reason for all those good things.  I want to bottle this up and keep it for awhile, this slowness, and remember it is a good and worthy cause to chase. But, of course, without the sick part.

I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today.  To all the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day to you.  I hope you have a day of rest and relaxation with your families.  To all the women out there who are praying to be moms, I am saying a prayer for you today. 


Have a Sunny Saturday, all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...