5.20.2017

Sunny Saturday

Somehow it's the middle of May.  Or maybe the end of May.  I'm not sure how we got here.  This month always comes in fast and leaves the way she came.  We are free as a breeze this weekend and I am crossing my fingers Kevin will be up for a trip to the Farmer's Market.  It would be our first of the year and it's my happy place.

I let the slow pace of last week spill over into this week and I am finding it's much easier to be home and truly enjoy it when the sun is shining and the kids can play outside until their little cheeks are pink and their knees are dirty.  This week I'm sharing some things that made my week just a tad bit sunnier.



Flowers.  Blooming.  Everywhere.  I'm sure it gets a bit old me sharing what flowers are blooming in my garden, but I just can't help myself.  The iris are showing off all around my yard and add a bit of magic to our surroundings with their sugary sweet smell and beautiful purple and peach and red and yellow petals fanning out for all to see.  Iris are some of my favorites.

Travel dreaming.  Kevin and I love to travel and enjoy being away from home with and without our littles.  We are in the planning phase of some trips right now.  One of my favorite things to do during nap time is window shop VRBOs to find what will work best for our family.  We only stay in hotels for weekend trips these days since our crew is getting bigger by the year and most of the time it is more reasonable to stay in someone's entire home than to get one hotel room.  Mind blowing.  My most favorite site is vrbo.com and I also like airbnb.com.  It's the vacation time of year!

Two weeks ago I vowed I was done eating candy for awhile.  Lo and behold my sweet as pie husband gifted me some sugary treats for Mother's Day.  After these yummy caramels are gone, I promise I will quit the candy, at least for awhile.  These are from Trader Joe's and are soft and gooey with a tad bit of salt. 

I have a soft spot for glassware.  My Grandma Hines is getting ready to move and brought these champagne glasses for me on Mother's Day.  I love their feminine shape and the fact they once were held in my grandmother's hands makes them extra special.  Mimosas will be sipped from these beauties.

Warmer weather is here, which means I want dinner to be easy.  Amen?  We have been making our own pizzas lately and this french bread pizza recipe is about as simple as it gets.  We made these this week for a playdate and they are always yummy.  Don't skip the avocado.  


Hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...