1.20.2018

Sunny Saturday

Hey friends.  What a week.  After a long, fun weekend last weekend, this week was all about getting back to our routine and our normal.  We had a few playdates on the calendar, but otherwise we were home doing life.  It was cold anyhow.  

Here are a few things that made my week a tad bit sunnier.



Have you heard of May Designs?  I heard Mica May, the founder of May Designs on The Happy Hour podcast with Jamie Ivey and decided to order one of her notebooks to try out for a planner this year.  You guys, it's beautiful.  And customizable.  I chose a marble pattern and then was able to customize the inside pages to fit my needs.  It is so so cool.  I am using it as my to-do list/planner and am loving it so far.  It works because I can keep my to-do list in it as well as my lesson plans for preschool and appointments and playdates.  Because it is a semi-blank slate on the inside, I can make it be what I need it to be.  Love it.

Deep breathing.  Some podcasts I have been listening to lately have talked about meditation.  The last few weeks I have had an ongoing headache and have found a few deep breaths give me some relief.  It grounds me and helps me to focus on the present.  Also, we talked about it in our Journey Group this week. I think God is giving me a nudge.  My next step is to try and set aside a few minutes at the beginning of my day to get some breaths in. It's good to have goals.

Christmas decorations are down.  Except for one.  This beautiful ornament was made by my dear, dear friend, Nicole.  She creates canvases, notebooks, and works of art over at Natural Joy Boutique.   This one might be up for awhile.

Laundry is a never ending chore.  Literally, never ending.  This week I have made it a priority to keep up with it so it doesn't become overwhelming.  I have read in a few different places to throw in one load of laundry a day, so here I go.  One load of laundry a day, maybe two if I want to get ahead.  As if.  

Last, but not least.  Chili.  Winter around here calls for chili on a weekly basis.  I try to mix it up a bit with different recipes, but it's always on the rotation.  This week I tried a version of this recipe and used ground pork instead of beef and it was delicious.  The only bummer about chili is there are usually limited leftovers, which is because of few in my clan eat seconds and thirds.  Also, I always throw in frozen sweet corn because it is the best.   

We have a slow weekend at home and I am going to bask in staying in my pjs all day.  Have a Sunny Saturday, all!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...