1.13.2018

Sunny Saturday

This week was full...of good things.  It was a MOPS week, so I was able to connect with friends.  Unfortunately, one of my MOPS mornings was cancelled due to some winter weather.  My mom was also here, so I was able to knock out some meetings and see some friends.  Kevin and I are sneaking away today for a delayed birthday date.  I am one excited girl.



Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a bit sunnier...

Last Saturday I was not feeling the best.  I was taking cold medication habitually and the only thing I was drinking was water, both hot and cold.  I ate spoonfuls of honey to soothe my sore throat and kept Kleenexes in my pocket at all times.  It wasn't the end of the world, I didn't have the flu or anything.  Just a cold.  But it still made me feel crummy enough to cancel plans I had for the day.  One thing that made that day so much brighter, were fresh flowers scattered through my home.  I received some beauties from various friends and family.  There is nothing like flowers to make a girl feel loved.

Caramels.  I am a caramel lover.  Kevin brought a Shotwell Candy Company box home from work and they are so yummy.  The box is adorable and would make a perfect gift.  Buy one for you and a friend.  So good.

I was absolutely spoiled last weekend.  A dear friend of mine drove to my home with all kinds of goodies, this magazine included.  She gifted me a subscription to The Magnolia Journal and those of you who know me well know I love Chip and Jo.  A year and a half ago I made the trip with girlfriends down to Waco and loved every minute of it.  I am super excited to have this arrive in the mail.

I would be remiss to not mention my mom and hubby this week.  I had a full week and they were by my side (not literally) cheering me on.  They watched the kids and fed the kids and did 'all the things' for the kids.  I was able to have have some meetings and time away with them at home in my corner.  Thanks, guys.

Last, but not least, this yummy Beefy Tomato Soup has been making the dinner rotation often.  It is perfect for cooler weather and super filling.  It comes together quickly and I have made big batches to feed friends and family.  This week I ground up a bunch of hamburger on Sunday to use throughout the week to make this recipe even simpler.  

You can find me snuggled up with my man somewhere in downtown Omaha.  It's going to be a good day, friends.  

Have a Sunny Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...