2.05.2012

Simple, Snowy Saturday and Sunday

If you spend a lot of time with children you always know when a storm is on it's way into your neighborhood.  Kids might not be aware that they have the ability to predict the weather, but in fact they are quite talented.  In the five years I've been teaching, it's always been apparent when the weather is changing because my kiddos never leave me out of the loop.  They generate this anticipation and excitement and they just get so darn....energized.  On Friday morning I knew that the weather man was right because my kiddos came to school a little more jazzed up than usual, which meant there was a winter storm on it's way.  We got about 8 inches in Macedonia starting Friday night and ending on Saturday evening.  Needless to say, I am a definite believer in kids' ability to predict weather.

Since we were somewhat snowed in on Saturday, we were able to enjoy some time with family and friends.  Kevin's sister, Hillary, and her husband, John, along with relatives from Germany, were in town to go through Kevin's grandpa's house, who recently moved into a retirement home.  Most of Kevin's relatives were there, so it was fun to see everyone and spend some time together.    Amazingly, Kevin's friend, Austin, made the trip out on Saturday afternoon to brew beer with Kevin.  The roads were definitely not great, but Austin arrived and got home safely, thank goodness!  It was a productive, simple Saturday, despite the winter storm.

I'm sure my kiddos will have plenty of snow stories to tell me tomorrow and I can't wait to hear about all the snowmen they made and hills they went down on their sleds.  I hope they made it outside today because It sounds like the snow won't last long, as the temperature is supposed to stay around forty degrees or higher this week.  They will have to wait until the next winter storm, which they will definitely let me know about, to do all this fun, snowy stuff again.


I had to grab my camera for some pictures because the farm does look quite breathtaking with all the white, unspoiled snow everywhere.  See below...

Kevin and his Grandpa

Brewing...with his new table from John!




Abel loving the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...