2.14.2012

Why every child wants to be a teacher...today

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm a sucker for this February 14th Hallmark celebration.  It is my absolute favorite holiday as a teacher, because the kids get so excited about giving away their lovely little handwritten valentines.  I also look forward to it because February 14th is one of the days of the year when every child wants to be a teacher.  Why? It's very, very simple.  Snickers, Pixie Sticks, Air Heads, Laffy Taffy, Starburst, Hershey kisses...
On Valentine's Day I gets LOTS of of these precious, diet destroying morsels.  Students that have been in my room in the past can come back and give away their sweet valentines.  This is another reason I love Valentine's Day, because I get to see some of my kiddos from past classes that I don't get the chance to see too often.  The students that are currently in my class get to witness me get these treats and I love to hear the conversations as the day progresses.  They are all chatting about how they can't wait to be a grown up and be a teacher (because the teacher gets all the good candy).  It is absolutely adorable and reminds me of why I wanted to be a teacher.

The goods


So sweet

This was an actual coupon from one of my kids, who I coached in basketball.  LOVE IT!

This Valentine's Day I am also celebrating the first coat of the floors being complete.  They will finish up by Friday and they already look beautiful. 


Hope you all have a candy-overloaded Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...