6.16.2013

Daddy's Day

I feel like Father's Day gets a little overlooked sometimes.  Dads are important, too, gosh darn it!  I hope you're getting a chance to celebrate the Dads in your life today.

My Daddy is great...he has been my coach, cheerleader, and prayer warrior.  He is my one and only Daddy and I am his Sessa.  He is the man that drilled into my head to 'use the backboard'.  The man who led me on newspaper routes at 5:00 in the morning.  The man who gives the best hugs and the man who taught me about Jesus.

Not only has he been a wonderful Dad, but he is also a fantastic Papa.  I have caught little glimpses of him with Luke.  One of those moments when life is going so fast and then it sets to slow motion for a bit so you can grab hold to one of those memories you won't forget.  I caught one of those moments last time I was home when my Dad was reading to Luke.  Luke was intensely listening to Papa Jeff and it was just sugary sweet.  I will have that memory always.  

I wish I could have spent today with him, but sometimes life pulls you in different directions.  Happy Father's Day, Dad!  Kevin says that when you come to visit you will have a Father's Day beer tasting.  I love you!

It is also Kevin's first Father's Day today.  Gosh, where to start with him.  He is the best darn Daddy and husband.  I am blessed to be able to watch him with Luke everyday.  I didn't think it was possible to love Kevin anymore than I did, but then we had Luke and that all changed.  I love him more and more everyday and I know Luke will someday be thankful that Kevin is his Daddy.  Happy Father's Day, sweetie, we love you!

Happy Father's Day to Kevin's dad, Gary!  He is a great Grandpa and Luke just lights up when he sees him.  You can tell that Luke just loves him to pieces.  We love you!

I hope all of you Dads out there are having a great day!  Thanks for working so hard and loving your kids, wives, and families!


father's day 2012

papa jeff and luke

kevin and luke

grandpa gary and luke



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...