1.29.2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars


Okay, I have not baked since Christmas...for good reason.  Kevin has sworn off everything sweet to eat healthier and after eating a whole batch of cookies myself, I decided it was time I put the baking aside for awhile.  But, I have a reason to bake...yippee!  Our friends, Todd, Kara, and Amelia popped over last night for dinner and I wanted something yummy to complete the meal...enter chocolate peanut butter bars.

These bars are similar to my deep dish oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars minus the oatmeal.  I found them over at Amanda's Cookin' and they turned out super-dooper peanut buttery.  (Have a glass of milk handy.)  I'm still trying to figure out who I can pawn them off on so I don't eat the entire batch.  Any takers?  Hope you try...and please let me know how they turn out!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients
2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 bag of chocolate chips (or 1 1/2-2 cups)
2 T creamy peanut butter
2 T butter
2 t vanilla

chocolate chips or peanut butter chips for topping


Directions
1.  Mix butter in blender until creamy.  Add brown sugar until combined.  Add eggs and mix to combine.  Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix to combine.
2.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the wet ingredients slowly.
3.  Meanwhile, heat sweetened condensed milk, bag of chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter on low heat until melted.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.
4.  Place foil in 9x13 inch pan and spray with cooking spray.  
5.  Make a thick layer on the bottom with the peanut butter mixture, be sure to leave about 2 cups of mixture for the top.  Top with the chocolate mixture.  Complete bars by laying a thin layer of peanut butter mixture on the top and adding chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.
6.  Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.

luke was able to 'lick the spoon' of peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...