6.07.2016

Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

Sweet sweet summertime is right around the corner.  In the midwest that means hot days and swimming holes, hot nights and s'mores, and a whole lot of fresh everything.

My good friend, Rochelle, brought me over some amazing plump blueberries a couple weeks back she picked up at some type of fruit club in Omaha.  They were so blue and so fresh.  I am not a huge blueberry eater, but I gobbled many of them up without even putting them in a muffin.  What can I say, I like my fruit in a baked good.

I love this gluten free blueberry crisp from Baked Bree and made it twice with the blueberries.  But, I wanted to go outside my comfort zone and make some blueberry bars.  Lemon blueberry cheesecake bars.  This recipe comes from Tyler Florence at the Food Network and letmetellyou they are incredible.  I am not a huge blueberry fan and I am not a huge cheesecake fan, but the two together are perfection.  The lemon doesn't hurt either.



Since I am the only dessert eating person in this house I ate a whole lotta these bars and almost think they got better with time.  You need to go grab some fresh blueberries at the market now and whip these bars up.  You will not regret it!

Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients

For the bottom:
Butter for greasing
2 T sugar
1/8 t cinnamon
1/2 stick melted butter
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (9 crackers)

For the filling:
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
1 lemon, juiced and zested (can use two)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Directions
1.  Grease bottom of 9x9 pan with butter and then line with parchment paper.
2.  Using a food processor, pulse the graham crackers, sugar, cinnamon and butter together.  Press into bottom of pan.
3.  Put pan into 325 degree oven and bake for 12 minutes.  Rinse food processor.
4.  Meanwhile, blend cream cheese, eggs, lemon, and sugar in food processor.  Pour in cooled pan.  Top with blueberries.
5.  Bake in 325 degree oven for 35 minutes or until middle is not jiggly.  Cool completely and then store in refrigerator.

Hope you get a chance to try out this dessert and read yourself a good book while you enjoy the fruit(bar) of your labor.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...