3.25.2017

Sunny Saturday

The weekend is here and that means my sweet family hanging together for a few days and uninterrupted time with my favorite human during nap time.  My mom is coming into town tomorrow and you better believe Kevin and I are heading out on the town for a date, maybe even possibly sans Jude.  I am having the hardest time deciding, it will probably be decided last minute.

This week was a quiet one and I needed it and loathed it all at the same time. We had some sweet visitors and made our maiden visit to the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha.  The rest of the week we were home eating and playing and laughing and crying and learning and trying to sleep.  Jude had a hard time with that last thing this week, so that made for some difficult moments, but he is still the sweetest little man and it's hard to believe I will ever ever ever be mad at him.


Since I was home most of the week, I spoiled myself with some flowers from Trader Joe's and they have me thinking spring is almost here.  And I am so ready.  These ranunculus flowers are just perfectly pretty and look like little handmade paper flowers.  I am so in love with them and am hoping I can pick up another bunch this weekend.


A friend from church has a growing business called The Written Tree and is selling prints and framed prints.  She is super talented and put out a bunch of prints for the Easter season.  I picked up this square framed print and I love the simplicity of it as well as the message.  I love reading/singing it every time I walk by, it's just lovely.

Mrs. Meyer's spring scents are out!  I am always a big peony fan, but the lilac this year is oh so yummy.  Lily loves washing her hands with it (because the bottle is purple) and I love the way it makes her hands smell.  It's a win-win.


Another thing that made my week sunnier this week was this chicken chili recipe from Shauna Niequist's Bread and Wine book.  The weather this week was somewhere in-between winter and spring, so I wanted to get a few more soups in before the grill is turned on every night.  This recipe is the epitome of simple and so so tasty with chips and cheese and avocado.

I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today!  I am loving a day at home with my people!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...