8.13.2012

Life on the trail: from the mouths of babes

"Sessa, I like this place better than your other place in Ooomaha."  (I am Sessa.)  Oh yea, why is that, Landon?  "Well, it only takes us 5 minutes to get to the Quarry.  That's wayy shorter than last year.  Plus, we can swim in the hot tub when we get back."  Really, well, I'm glad you like it.
I think it's safe to say that the kiddos like the farm.  They came for their annual summer vacation last week and they got to experience Life on the Trail for almost 3 days.  We spent most of our time swimming at the Quarry, 'swimming' in the hot tub, and exploring the farm with Abel.  The kids didn't have any screen time (i.e. t.v., computer, video games, etc.) during their little vacation and although it was hard at times, they were quite proud of their accomplishment and we were, too.
These three little munchkins made me smile and laugh countless times and reminded me of what we have to look forward to on a daily basis with Baby Forristall making his arrival in about 12 weeks.  Some of my favorite quotes from the kiddos:
"I've got my eyes on you." -Xavier as he is pointing two fingers from his eyes to Kevin
"Sessa, I want Mitt Romney to be our President." -Landon saying this randomly while eating pancake people on Saturday morning.
"Here is a penny for your baby." -Xavier giving me a penny to put in Baby Forristall's piggy bank as soon as they got to the farm.  (Seriously, how sweet!)
"Is your baby sleeping?" -This was asked constantly by Mae, Xavier, and Landon because if he wasn't asleep that meant they got to feel him kick.
"Sessa, I'm starrrvving.  This book is making me hungry." -After reading Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Landon and Xavier insisted they needed to eat even though we just had dinner and ice cream.
"Ewww...that's sick." -Xavier said this as he came into the living room and Kevin was touching my belly and giving me a kiss.  "No it's not, it's romantic." -Landon coming in behind him with a big smile on his face.
"Sessa, you make the best eggs and bacon ever." -This is probably my favorite because Kevin is the 'egg maker' in our house and he is pretty darn good at it.  Landon, Mae, and Xavier made my day by declaring that I make the best eggs.  Also, the bacon was microwavable...

Here are some of my favorite pictures from their vacation:

landon, mae, and xavier making a fort in the basement
landon
how sweet are they?!
mae
xavier and landon having cousin talk

the three munchkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...