8.09.2012

Raspberry Lemon Cake

Kevin saw this recipe in a Sunset magazine and insisted I try it.  Kevin isn't really a 'dessert eater', so when he wanted me to make a cake, I jumped at the chance.  Usually me making a dessert results in me eating ALL the dessert.  Not in this case, thank goodness.  I think Baby Boy Forristall would have had a sugar overload.  I split the recipe into two pans, so Kevin was able to share it with some co-workers.  The recipe is below:

Raspberry Lemon Cake

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup lemon curd (can be found by the jams and jellies)
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
18 oz. raspberries (gently rinse right before starting this recipe)
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 pan.  (I used a 5x9 inch loaf pan and a 8x8 inch cake pan.)  Using a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in eggs, salt, vanilla, yogurt, milk, and lemon curd until blended.


Add in flour, baking soda, and baking powder to mixture and beat until smooth.  
Pour half the batter in the greased pan.  Place raspberries randomly on batter.  Gently pour the rest of the batter on top.  Scatter the remaining raspberries on top of the batter.


Bake about 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool for an hour and then dust with powdered sugar.  

This cake was so moist and tasty...and easy.  I love easy.  I will definitely be making it again!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...