6.28.2014

3 Healthy Muffins for your Toddler



Is your child picky?  

Mine is.  Luke is one picky, particular little eater.  He will eat yogurt and Cheerios about any time of day, but give him veggies, fruit, meat, pasta and it's hit or miss.  I am told that being picky at his age is normal...that it's a phase...that he will grow out of it.  I'm sure all of this is true, but I don't think eating yogurt and Cheerios everyday until this 'phase' is over is too healthy. 

I have been using a few muffin recipes to slip some fruits and veggies into Luke's diet and the best part is he will actually eat them.  He loves his banana muffins for breakfast and will gobble up a broccoli muffin or two at lunchtime (if he is in the right mood).  These muffins do not always do the trick, but they are the perfect snack or meal to pull out of the freezer when I'm needing to feed my picky child something other than yogurt.  Speaking of the freezer, I usually make all of these muffin recipes into mini muffins, then freeze them in quart sized bags, so they are ready to pull out and defrost when needed.  Not only are these muffins healthy, but they are easy to store and reheat.  Hope you try!

Banana Muffins



Pumpkin Muffins



Broccoli Muffins









Linked up at:

http://www.icanteachmychild.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...