7.23.2016

Small shop love

100 degrees is hot.  Like really hot.  We are smack dab in the middle of the midwest and are in the 'dome' of heat that is covering the south and the midwest and heading east.  It is supposed to 'cool off' to around 93 today, so fingers crossed, we will get some relief.

This week was full.  Full of family time and Kevin time and friend time and lots of fun mail.  This weekend is the same.  We have a patch of sweet corn that needs tending and we are planning on spending the weekend picking and processing.  I get a bit anxious for this, as 'putting up' sweet corn isn't the most fun thing in the world, but it's always always worth it when we pull out a pint size bag of corn in December.  I am going to remind myself of that all. weekend. long.

We received lots of fun packages this week.  For some reason everything I ordered in the past month came in the span of three days.  Merry Christmas in July to me!  Here are some of my favorites from this week.



My go-to shoe shop for babes, Belle and the Bear, had their sample sale a few weeks back and you know I grabbed a few pairs of moccasins for my girl and some for gifts.  These are always the right fit and Shala, the owner, is so incredibly wonderful to work with.

Awhile back I won a giveaway through A Blessed Nest to Mabel and Gordon.  This shop has the sweetest handmade rompers, shorts, and tops for little girls.  I was so incredibly excited I won and ordered Lily some of the most flowery, vintage-y pieces I could find.  You must check this shop out, everything is charming.

Little Kate Designs is a shop where I routinely find headbands and clips for Miss Lily.  They are made from genuine leather and are always of the highest quality.  She had an Instagram sale last week and I snagged this clip for a great price.  (Have you noticed that I like sales?)

Something that isn't pictured this week are my sweet friends.  You know when you are having a lull in life and someone just sends you the most simple, reassuring card or gives you a thoughtful little gift or just asks how you are? I had a few of those things happen this week and it reminded me that the smallest gestures sometimes leave the biggest impression on someone's heart. So, write that card for no reason, make those cookies and take to a neighbor, call a friend just to talk.  (Does anyone do that anymore?)  I know my week was made better and sweeter and sunnier because of some kind friends.  Thank you, girls.


Hope you all have a Sunny-not-so-hot Saturday wherever you may be today!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...