7.30.2016

Sunny Saturday

The last week and a half has been all about how much sweet corn we can eat.  We have eaten it for almost every lunch and dinner as soon as the ears were nice and thick and ready to pick.  It is maybe one of my favorite times of year, because I just can't get enough.  This year is exceptional and it makes me wish we could grow it fresh all year round.

Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a bit sunnier.  Hope you enjoy!


First up is this beautiful, custom sign from Lovewell Handlettering.  This shop is based out of Lincoln, Nebraska and I adore absolutely everything from the journals to the prints to the maps to the cards.  I love to give the journals and prints as gifts and have one of her maps up in Lily's room.  Check this shop out!

Did you know that a friendship that lasts more than seven years will most likely last a lifetime?  A few weeks back I had the pleasure of visiting one of my very best friends from high school.  We have met and surpassed the seven year mark and have been friends for roughly 18 or 19 years.  #numbersarentmything  She is an incredible momma and friend and wife and daughter and I treasure the times we are able to see each other.  She gave me this beautiful succulent and I am doing my best to keep this baby alive.  Paige and I's friendship is very much like this succulent.  It can go a long time without water, but when it gets some, it swallows it up fast.  Paige and I aren't able to see each other much, but each and every time we do, it's like no time has passed and I literally enjoy every second we are face to face.  Love you dear friend!

I am currently obsessed with Shauna Niequist.  This author has my heart and I wish she could write a thousand books so I would never have to be without one. I just finished Bread and Wine and almost cried when I read the last page. What am I going to do with the five minutes I have to spare before the kids get up from nap?  How am I going to unwind when Kevin is putting Luke to bed at night? I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself.  Back to Shauna. This book is just lovely and the recipes at the end of some of the chapters have my mouth watering every time.  She inspires me to want to gather people around my table and do life together with the ones I love over simple, delicious food.  Pick up this book, I promise you won't regret it!

I am going to begin and end with what has been on my mind for the past few weeks.  Sweet corn.  I just can't get enough.  I want to eat it warm and cold, with butter and salt, with a squirt of lime, on the grill, boiled on the stove, with lots of cream cheese and butter, on the cob and off it, forever and ever. This stuff is just the best.  Shauna's book, Bread and Wine, has at least one official recipe for sweet corn and another that you can pick up in-between the lines.  



Soo, obviously you need to pick up that book and some sweet corn and get husking.

Hope you all have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...