8.24.2016

...and then there were three...

Babies.

It's true.  If you follow me on social media, you already know that our family is growing by one babe come February.  We just can't believe we are being granted another little one to hold and care for and love.  We feel so incredibly blessed and nervous and grateful.  Another chapter in our story is unfolding and we can't wait to see what God has in store for us as our family expands.


Luke and Lily are exactly two years and one week apart.  Lily and Baby #3 will be roughly two years and three months apart.  A bit bigger gap and that might be okay this time around.  Miss Lily is going to love this baby to pieces, but she might have a tough time adjusting to sharing mom's lap and attention. We never had that problem with Luke because he has always been a Daddy's boy. Heaven knows we will figure it out and by May I'm sure we will be in a groove. Or that's what I keep telling myself.

We haven't told either child at this point.  We are waiting because we know Luke will totally get it and we don't want to rock his world just yet.  And as soon as we tell Lily we will hear nothing else come from her mouth but 'baby' as she points to my belly or lifts up my shirt.  (She already does this a lot to see my belly button.)  Kevin and I think we will break the news to them in a week or two, giving enough time to prepare for finding out if they are getting a brother or sister.  We have our 20 week ultrasound in a little less than a month and we I can't wait to start prepping and planning for this sweet babe. I always thought I wouldn't find out what we were having after we had a boy and a girl, but I just can't imagine NOT finding out.  It's happening.

This babe hasn't made his or her presence known much, yet, but I'm sure it's coming.  I will feel a little nudge or movement from time to time, but nothing substantial like Miss Lily.  That girl was moving all. the. time.  (That might explain her personality a little.)  Those little kicks are just one of the best things about being pregnant.  A little miracle that moves and pushes and grows inside my body.  A small slice of heaven.

As we prepare to meet this little one, we have lots of transitions and changes that will be happening in our lives and home and I'm excited to embark on this journey with the ones I love.  Babies have a way of making life so much sweeter.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...