8.20.2016

Books and Treats

This week was a slow one, and boy did we need it.  We hung out at home, read lots of books, and played in the dirt at Grandma's until our fingernails were black.  

Home feels so good, especially when you have so many things rotating through your brain that you feel like a spinning top that won't stop twirling.  This week allowed us all to recenter, reconnect, and get back to a little bit of everyday life.

Here are some things that made my week just a bit sunnier...


Since we spent a lot of time at home this week, I had some extra moments to pick up a book and read.  Good thing, because I received this beauty, Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist (weird), in the mail last week.  I have been anticipating this book for months and it is everything I thought it would be and of course more, because that is just Shauna.  If you are a woman and you read one book this fall, read this one.  It is just what I need to read and process and internalize in this season of my life with littles.

Does anyone else read multiple books at one time?  I never used to (except in college of course), but I love having options of what to pick up and read depending on my mood.  Mitch Albom's Have a Little Faith was sitting on my parent's bookshelf collecting dust, so I brought it home and gave it a spot on my coffee table.  I have been reading it off and on and like his other books, it is thought provoking and pulls at the heartstrings.  If you haven't read it yet, definitely put it on your to-read list.

Okay, let's get serious.  Oreo thins anyone?  I mean really, have you tried these?  Nabisco is always coming up with some different kind of Oreo and I never get into them, but these....these are thin, crispy cookies you can crunch in your mouth in just one bite.  No milk needed (but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt).  Trust me on this, try them.


Let's go from packaged-processed goodness to from-the-garden goodness.  It's all about balance.  These cherry orange tomatoes are making my garden the perfect place to go for a snack.  They bring a pop of color to our landscape and are so sweet and perfect for popping into your mouth on the go or cutting up for a salad.  My mother-in-law gave us the plant and has one of her own and told me she is roasting them with garlic to put on pizza or slices of toasted baguette.  I'm sure we will try that after we get tired of eating them fresh. When I can walk to my backyard for these beauties, it definitely makes gardening worth it.

I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you are today and you're soaking up the dog days of summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...