12.10.2016

Inexpensive Christmas-y Things

We had a fun Christmas-y week, spent between time at home, a few Christmas events, and MOPS meetings.  December is such a fun, festive time of year and we are soaking up every minute of it.  

Today I'm sharing some simple, inexpensive ways I have added a bit of Christmas all around the house.  Sometimes it's the little things that make the season extra special.



First up is this Mrs. Meyer's peppermint hand soap.  I am a bit obsessed with peppermint this time of year and love everything Mrs. Meyer's, so this is a perfect fit.  I am also using the peppermint dish soap right now and I love running a bath of yummy smelling soapy water to wipe down all the counters at the end of each day.  

Friends near and far are some of the best gifts and I was lucky enough to visit one of my dear friends this week and do a bit of kid-free shopping.  Paige and I met in Des Moines and had four glorious hours to shop, have a meal together, and finish numerous conversations.  If my babies would have joined me, we probably would have shopped, broke up a few fights, fed my children two or three boxes of goldfish, cleaned up constant messes, and maybe finished one conversation in our four hours together.  She gifted me this cute little mug and I have already sipped on a cup of peppermint hot chocolate in it.  A Christmas mug always puts me in the Christmas spirit.

The only thing better than a Christmas mug is a Christmas candle.  This Home for the Holidays candle from Mercy Candle Company smells delicious and what makes this candle stand out from the rest is Mercy Candle Company gives fifty cents from each candle sale to help end human trafficking.  I love giving my business to companies that make a difference.



Last, I can't help but mention a super inexpensive way to add a little Christmas cheer throughout the house.  Go outside and cut a few evergreen branches and spread them throughout the house.  This makes me so happy and is...well...free.  

I hope you have a wonderful December weekend filled with memory making and Christmas-y things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...