1.21.2017

Good Friends and Goods for Baby Boy

This week was so so good.  We spent lots of time at home, had a glorious playdate where all the kids played together like something in the movies, and my sweet friends held a little baby shower for me.  This week was slow and everyday and filled my cup.

On this Sunny Saturday we are in the city this morning and then home all afternoon with nothing on the agenda.  We have under three weeks until baby boy is set to arrive and we are soaking up this time together before baby makes five.  We are anxious for him to come, but embracing the opportunity to love on Luke and Lily as much as possible.

This week I am sharing, you guessed it, more for Baby Boy.  There is just so much to gather and love for new babies and I can't help but share.  All of the items are from the shower (my girls know me so well).


THIS blanket.  It's everything.  Soft.  Beautiful.  Well made.  Did I mention beautiful?  Aesthetically I just can't get enough of it.  It's from Oliver and Lucy, a shop based in Lincoln, Nebraska that makes gorgeous blankets, teething rings, and burp cloths.  I can't wait to snuggle our little guy in this!

One can't have enough blankets when caring for a newborn.  These muslin swaddling blankets are modern and I just can't stop looking at them.  It is a different look from normal elephants or flowers that usually adorn this super soft baby essential.  Nate Berkus just came out with a baby line for Target and it is perfect.

Last are these gorgeous cards.  This is my favorite part of our girlfriend/Cooking Club baby showers.  We all write a letter to the mom-to-be with an 'open when' statement on the outside.  For example, one could write a letter to 'open when you have been up all night' or 'open when you feel like you're not enough' or 'open when everyone needs your attention at the same time' (that's a second or third child one).  These cards are life giving and it's fun and special to read letters from friends when in the beginning of caring for a new baby.  Please, please try it at the next baby shower you host. The mom-to-be will thank you!

Even though I felt silly for having a baby shower for baby #3, my friends insisted and made me feel nothing but loved.  It was a great night to laugh and eat and be together.  My only regret is that I didn't take one single picture. Not one.  I think I was enjoying myself too much.

I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...