7.22.2017

Sunny Saturday

The weekend is here and it is still hot.  The only way to get relief from the sweltering sun is to stay inside or sit in a tub of ice outside.  So, we have been choosing the inside option this week.  We squeeze in a short walk every night when the sun is low, but we are sweaty hot messes when we head into the house for baths.  And baths we take every night.  (Ugh.)

Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a bit sunnier.

  
First up, these Dark Chocolate crisps from Trader Joe's.  My friend randomly gifted these to me and they are perfect.  They are light waves resembling potato chips and have a bit of crunchiness throughout.  They are delicious and addicting.  You have been warned.  P.S. That is an empty box you're looking at, I ate them in two days.  #yikes  

MOPS.  Mothers of Preschoolers is an organization that gathers moms all over the world.  I am a lover of mommas and babes and MOPS.  I attend one group at my church in Omaha and another in my rural community and absolutely don't know what I would do without them.  If you are local and want more information about either group, send me a message and I will answer any and all questions.  MOPS is a place I feel safe and heard and known.  And the hot breakfast and childcare doesn't hurt either.

More flowers.  We are getting to the tail end of the cut flower season at our place.  Most of my garden beds right now adorn radiant purples and oranges and yellows.  This phlox is like a weed in that it spreads like crazy and doesn't need ideal growing conditions.  It looks great from far away and can fill in spaces that need something tall and full.  I pretty much let it grow anywhere because it's prettier than weeds.  Right?

Norwex cloths.  I have taken the plunge and am a Norwex user.  I was looking for a cloth that didn't stink after a use and these are my golden ticket.  I have the Envirocloth as well as the kitchen cloth and I love them both.  I use the kitchen cloth to wash dishes and the envirocloth to clean countertops. Goodbye stinky rags.

Quality time.  This week I was able to spend some quality time with people I love.  There is nothing like putting the phone away for a few hours to have a real conversation with a real person about real life.  I think the world needs a little more quality time and a little less social media time.

Hope you have a great weekend wherever you may be today!  Happy Sunny Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...