7.29.2017

Sunny Saturday

It's been a lovely week with friend and family time sprinkled with some slow, easy days and nights at home.  One reason I am in love with summer this year...our pace of life is slowed a bit and there is more freedom for just being a family.  I'm thinking we need to embrace this kind of life all year long.

Today I'm sharing some things that made this week a tad bit sunnier.



Have you tried the iced cascara coconut milk latte at Starbucks?  It is the perfect drink to curb the July heat. I have treated myself to one a few times and can't get enough.  The cascara syrup is a favorite of mine and with the sweetness of the coconut milk, it is cool perfection in a cup.

A new suit.  I finally took the plunge and invested in a good 'momma' bathing suit.  I say momma suit because it is practical and covers everything well and is a suit I can bend over in to pick up a child and not be showing everyone everything.  The Brigitte from Albion is most definitely not a typical mom suit.  Albion is a company I have been watching for awhile on Instagram.  This is my very first piece from them and I couldn't be happier. First, it's classic with navy and white stripes and has the option to wear the sleeves on or off the shoulders.  It also covers everything I want to cover and holds in things I want held in.  And, guys, it is SO well made.  The fabric is thick and I have absolutely no modesty issues.  I wore it this week to the Quarry and was super comfortable playing in the sand and pushing my babes on the swings.  I'm not going to lie, my body kinda loves this new mom swimming suit phase.



This is a super random tip.  We have a big ceiling fan in our living room that spins clockwise most of the year.  This week Kevin switched it counter clockwise.  Did you know this makes a difference?  It pulls the hot air up and pushes cool air down.  I promise you it could be life changing.  I have been able to wear leggings and long sleeves (my fave) thanks to this fan.  Kevin, on the other hand, has stuck to his t-shirts and shorts. #thethermostatisourbattleground

The MOPS magazine.  If you are a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) member, a magazine comes to your mailbox every quarter.  It is a treat to read the articles with a hot cup of coffee in the morning or a cup of yogurt and fruit at nap time.  The articles are inspiring and provides me perspective.  The voices on those pages speak such good, true words to me during this current season of raising babies.



We are hoping to process some sweet corn this afternoon.  Fingers crossed we can get it all done in a few short hours.  Hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...