3.10.2018

Sunny Saturday: Girl-y Things

Happy Saturday, all!  Today we are spending a family day watching Kevin run a 5K and then doing some fun things around town before we head home for the day.  
Last weekend I was able to meet some high school girlfriends for a night away. We browsed shops, talked about great big things like gun control and itty bitty things like what podcasts we are listening to and books we are reading, and had the absolute best time.  It was good for my soul to be with two friends that have known me my entire life.  

And, as girls do, we exchanged gifts with one another.  We are only all together about once a year, so it's a great time to bring each other a little gift.  I LOVE all the gifts I received, so I thought I would share them with you today.


First up, this simple, beautiful mug.  We own eight mugs at the moment and I think one is going to be donated, because this one is a keeper.  My friend introduced me to Rae Dunn pottery and I really, really love it.  They are pricey online, but I was told they are sold at Home Goods, so I might have to check them out there.  My friend, Paige, had a funny story of going to Home Goods with a die hard Rae Dunn fan and waiting by the warehouse door for the truck to come in because I guess people love this stuff.  I am behind on the trend, but I sure am into it now.

Paige also gave me a tea towel with the image of a drawing from her son, Cooper.  He is my godson and I love him dearly.  This is a brilliant idea, isn't it?  This towel is hanging in my kitchen right now.  I am thinking these towels would make great gifts for grandparents, friends, or extended family for Mother's Day or Christmas. 

My sweet friend, Anne, brought some fun gifts for us from World Market.  She lives in Chicago and has an eye for classic, cool things.  (She's maybe my hippest friend.)  This hand soap smells so good. Lily was the first one to use it and she kept sniffing her hands after she had washed them.  And the bottle is just so dainty and pretty.

Last is this vintage looking candle.  It's teeny tiny and perfect for right behind my kitchen sink.  It's the scent of spring and will be burning all weekend long.  Give me all the smelly things.

I hope you enjoy this (almost) spring day!  Have a Sunny Saturday, all!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...