3.03.2018

Sunny Saturday

A beautiful Saturday I have ahead of me.  I am spending today with two girlfriends and we have 24 hours to ourselves, sans kids.  


This week was the right amount of slow and full.  We had days at home and days with friends.  We had easy mornings and dinners that lingered and then some early mornings and crescent rolls for dinner on our way out the door to church. I really like when I can balance our week out that way with easy days and full days.

Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a bit sunnier.



I can't not mention these tulips.  They have been bringing me joy every single morning with their vibrant pink blooms and the way they stand taller each and every day gives me a little something to look forward to when I walk into the kitchen.  I picked them up at Trader Joe's (shocker) and they were worth every penny.

Last week, I spoke to one of my MOPS groups about simplicity.  It's a subject I am passionate about and if you've been around here long you already know all about my journey towards simplicity.  I'm talking more about it over at A Simpler Motherhood.  When preparing for this talk, I did a big purge and it felt good.  I love decluttering and refocusing on what is important, which is not my stuff.  Last week I included Soulful Simplicity in my Sunny Saturday post and as I finished it this week, I couldn't help but want to dive in to a more simple lifestyle. She talks about her journey over at bemorewithless.com.  Check it out.

The Life Giving Home by Sally and Sarah Clarkson has been a book I read a bit out of every morning.  It's an incredibly well written book about creating a loving atmosphere at home.  I love homemaking so much and it's a good balance to my want-to-get-rid-of-anything minimalism persona.  This book touches on how to create space in your home for connection and love and practical ways to do just that.  It is broken up into months and while I know I should be waiting for May to read the May chapter, it's a library book so I must return it soon. However, I think this is one I could go back to again, so it might end up on my book wishlist.  

My last item is a silly one.  Dips.  Vegetable dips.  Kevin and I have been trying to squeeze more raw veggies in our diets and dips are helping me get there.  I heard on a podcast to use dips to start eating more raw vegetables and it's working for us.  I have been buying them, but I am going to try and make one here one of these days.

I hope you have a splendid weekend wherever you may be today.

Happy Sunny Saturday, all!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...