3.24.2018

Sunny Saturday

We started the week in the desert in swimsuits and sunscreen and are ending the week with raincoats and chicken pot pie.  It's been a wonderful week, one I'm thankful for.  It is always good to be away, but it is always so so sweet to come back to my babies.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? 

Today I'm sharing some things that made my week a bit sunnier. 


Reading is one of the things Kevin and I love to do on a trip away.  I am currently finishing up Jamie Ivey's If You Only Knew.  If you have been around here long, you know I am a BIG Jamie Ivey fan.  Her story is real and vulnerable and I love how she tells it like it is and challenges us to tell our stories.  Friends, this book will not disappoint you.  If you are a wife, woman, mother, daughter, sister, friend...this book will inspire you to love the ones around you well, to tell your stories, and to understand nothing is unforgivable. 


Ritter chocolate.  Have you had it?  They are a German candy company and since you can't pick them up everywhere, I am easily persuaded to buy them anytime I see them.  Trader Joe's sells a few varieties, but World Market has more options.  I'm not sure I could choose a favorite, but Peppermint is high up there...and it's not one I often see.  I might be making an Easter basket for myself this year.

Many of you know I am a Rodan and Fields' girl.  Not that I sell it, but that I use it.  After being in the sun for a few days, their Soothe moisture replenishing cream is helping my skin come back from the dry heat and into the cool spring.  It makes my skin feel so good.

Grilling season is coming.  We have been grilling about once a week for a month or so now and it's one of my favorite nights.  It's easy and eliminates a lot of mess and I'm not the one manning the grill.  Burgers are our go-to, but we do fish and steaks as well.  I am hoping to add this recipe for beef tenderloin on the grill this spring.

Today Kevin and the bigs are at an event at church and I am home with our sweet Jude.  Hope you have a great weekend.

Have a Sunny Saturday all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...