6.02.2012

18 Weeks Update

Yesterday we were 18 weeks along in our pregnancy journey.  Kevin and I have been lucky enough to feel the little guy or gal move around the past few weeks.  At first, I didn't know if it was really the baby moving, but after a few nights of little nudges and bumps...I knew that our little peanut wanted to say hello.
So, we have a new tradition that will last for the next five months.  Every night I lay down and wait eagerly for our little peanut to wake up.  He or she will move around and once I feel him or her (I can't wait to say just him or just her) I will inform Kevin of the movement and his hand is on my belly waiting for the next kick or punch.  It's definitely my favorite part of the day....it's an amazing substitute for a glass of wine!
As far as our baby's growth goes...our little peanut is about 5 1/2 inches long and weighs 5 ounces, which is about the size of a chicken breast.  This week our baby is working on yawning and hiccuping, I might even be able to feel those hiccups here soon!  Also, our baby has fingerprints on his or her fingertips and toes.


God knows me well, because I haven't been sick at all during this pregnancy.  He knows I'm a wimp and He knows what I can and can't handle.  Thank goodness.  I feel so, SO blessed, because I know friends that have been sick and according to their stories...it does not sound like fun.  There is just one thing that makes me a little queasy...green, spiky, tall asparagus.  Our garden has been full of it for the past month and a half and poor Kevin has had to eat ALL of it.  The asparagus is now done for the year and I know Kevin isn't missing all that green stuff on his plate.


We have a doctor's appointment coming up next Thursday and we absolutely can't wait to find out if we get to call our peanut a him or her.  We are having a gender party to celebrate this important information and can't wait to share it with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...