10.10.2012

Nesting...

When you're 36 weeks pregnant and patiently waiting for your little bundle of joy to greet this world, there is only one thing to do...nest.  This is the story of my life at the moment.  I literally cannot wait for this little pumpkin to be here, so I am busying myself with stocking my freezer and pantry and making sure that everything is absolutely ready to go.  It is absolute madness.  For example, I literally just stopped typing to clean the blades on the fan in our living room because, you know, I probably won't have much time to do that after our little guy is here.  I told you, madness.
Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought a ridiculous amount of canned food.  Cream of chicken soup, spaghetti sauce, enchilada sauce, chili beans, pretty much any canned food we typically buy.


Today I made raspberry jam and cookie dough to freeze.  This is the second day in the past week I have made jam and cookie dough to freeze.  I guess I am thinking I will want homemade cookies and jam when I am up at all hours with a newborn.  I love these cookies.  They are white chocolate chip oatmeal.  I omit the pecans.  You can grab the recipe here.



i freeze them on this cookie tray for 1-2 hours, then throw them in a labeled Ziploc freezer bag
I am enjoying the nesting and getting ready for this new phase of life.  But as much as I am loving it, I am a tad bit more excited for our little boy to be here and in our arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...