10.17.2013

Pumpkin Pound Cake



I love pumpkin.  I mean, I really love it.  I don't reserve pumpkin treats for the fall time, I love them so much, but the fall is just one more excuse to pull out the pumpkin!

I found this recipe over at Something Swanky and I promise you, this pumpkin pound cake is worth the 15 minutes it takes to throw together.  It is moist and gooey and doesn't need any icing, although I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything...

Kevin and I have been eating on this all week and I am sad that we are down to the last few slices.  Hope you try!

Pumpkin Pound Cake

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t ground cloves
1/4 t nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
3 egg whites
1 cup canned pumpkin (about 1/2 small can)

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 and spray loaf pan.
2.  Whisk sugar, yogurt, and egg whites in large bowl.  Stir in the pumpkin.  
3.  Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Stir.
4.  Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes.  
5.  Let cool on wire rack.

If you're in the mood for fall baking try this recipe for apple pie filling or these pumpkin muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...