9.17.2016

Sunny Saturday

Home.  All weekend long.  Praise the great big God almighty.  

It has been a long and busy week and our little family is ready for some downtime at home.  Besides church on Sunday, we have plans to stay on the Trail, watch a little football, do a few outside chores, and make some fall-ish meals.  

I have to say I am just a teensy bit excited about the idea of a fall Saturday with nothing on the calendar.  Part of me wants to make all the pumpkin rolls, homemade bread, and soups that I can find ingredients for and part of me wants to eat leftovers and watch football in my pajamas all day.  I'm sure it will be a balance of both.

Today I'm sharing some things that made my busy week a little bit sunnier.


Last weekend we noticed our pumpkin patch was looking a little, um, brown.  We went back there and realized most of our pumpkins were ready to be picked. They are only about a month early, but I guess that's what happens with an extra hot June.  We have pumpkins sitting all over our house and it really makes the place feel like fall.

Shutterfly had a freebie on prints last week and I took the opportunity to print a bunch of 4x4s for the kids' birthday parties as well as some to hang around the house.  I love placing them in little bowls or dishes or propping them up on ledges or shelves.  I also pinned a bunch up on our little wine cork board in the kitchen.  Their square goodness just make me so happy.

Our church, Christ Community, just started a study on the book of Genesis.  We are one week in and I am loving walking through the first moments of time.  We are participating in an inductive Bible study, which helps me to really get past surface level and dig deep into scripture.  I am looking forward to learning more and more as this study progresses.

I couldn't get a good picture of it this week, but have you ever tried clipping branches to put in a vase?  I hadn't done it much, but I tried it this week and I absolutely love it.  I clipped a few branches with pretty leaves and placed them in a big, white, round vase up on a shelf.  I loaded it with twiggy, green branches and it looks so earthy and so fall.  A bonus is that it saves me a bit of cash that I would normally spend on fresh flowers.  Win win.


It is not pictured this week, but something that made my week sunnier was women and moms being real.  I had Cooking Club this week with my girls as well as some good conversations with friends about hard things.  I am in awe of the women around me being open and honest and real about their joys and their struggles, their hard days and their good ones, their passions and their heartaches.  This week I was lucky enough to engage with women I look up to and admire and identify with and that make me a better wife and mom.  If you're a woman or a mom, I challenge you to be completely honest and real with a friend this coming week.  The power of vulnerability and honesty really have no limits when it comes to friendship.  It's so so good, friends.

I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...