9.03.2016

Road Trippin' to Waco

When you read this, I will be in Waco, Texas with some of my best girlfriends at THE Silos.  If you are a fan of Fixer Upper, you know exactly what I'm talking about and you are jealous. I am still pinching myself that I get to go...AND we are staying in a house renovated by Chip and Joanna.  It just doesn't get much better.

Anyways, you will be hearing ALL about it next week.  This past week I purposely kept our days slow and easy breezy.  Being gone for four days and leaving Kevin at home with the kids that long requires some preparation. Speaking of, do I have the best husband or what?  He is taking one for the team and staying home all weekend with our babes, so I can go and have some girl time.  I just love him.  


Today I'm sharing some of the items I'm taking on my road trip to Waco, Texas. It's a whopping 10 hour drive, so snacks and entertainment will surely be required.  I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today...and GO HAWKEYES!



I picked up these sunglasses at Von Maur a week ago and am loving their shape and the detail on the sides.  I never buy super nice sunglasses, as Kevin and I don't have a good track record with the things.  It is supposed to be sunny and 90 in Waco, so I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing these all weekend long.

Who doesn't love pretzels?  I might have bought a large box of 48 individual packages of pretzels at Sam's last week.  Yes, I said 48.  Oops.  I was a teensy bit excited and hungry.  I have been munching on them all week and there is still plenty for the trip.


Eligible.  I don't know much about this book, but a guest on Jamie Ivey's podcast (which I love) recommended it, so I'm going to try it out.  You might notice I bought the large print version?!  There will be no squinting to see the print from this girl.  I wanted a fun, easy, fiction read.  It is supposed to be a modern day retelling of Pride and Prejudice.  I will let you know what I think, I'm excited to get started.


I don't think it's possible to have a road trip without M&Ms.  Another hungry Sam's purchase.  I told my friend that if I can make it to the trip without opening them, I will be winning at life.  #iamnotwinning


This last one is not pictured because my dear friend is packing it in her suitcase.  A selfie stick!  I have never used one, but I am sure we will be pulling that thing out often.  Four girls together without kids means lots and lots of pictures...and laughs and stories and the best times.

I hope you have a Sunny Saturday wherever you may be today!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...