4.02.2012

Rolo Cookies

I have been on a baking spree lately.  Mainly because I have had people to eat my treats and partly because I have been wanting to try out so many recipes.  This recipe is eeeeeeasy!  I mean, really really easy.
The 'hardest' part was unwrapping all the Rolo candies.  As I was doing the 'hardest' part and pulling off those little gold wrappers, Kevin walked into the kitchen and got excited about the Rolos.  I don't know why or how, but those little caramel candies reminded him of a (ridiculous) song.  And at 9 a.m. on Saturday morning, in our pajamas, we were jamming out to Roll Out by Ludacris.  After about a minute Kevin abruptly turned it off and that was that.  I guess Ludacris isn't quite what he remembered.

Here is the recipe:

  • Package of Rolo candies
  • Devil's food cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil

All you do is mix the oil and eggs with the Devil's food cake mix.  Then, unwrap the little caramel pieces as you play Roll Out.  Finally, take small pieces of the cake batter and spread it around the Rolo candy, just enough to cover it.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.  These are so simple and I love the fact that there are only 4 ingredients!!!
I brought these to Ottumwa yesterday and everyone was like...how did you get the caramel inside???
It was SO hard. :)

YUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...