1.10.2012

Life lesson via Abel

I would consider myself gullible at times.  I tend to believe what people tell me, especially if I want to believe it.  It might be rubbing off on Kevin...
Last night we went to get Abel's shots at Kevin's aunt and uncle's house.  His uncle is a vet and his aunt is a dog training guru (they have been great at answering any and all questions that we have about being new dog owners).  They both took one look at him and said, "The guy told you he was a lab?"  Um, yep, he sure did.  As Abel went through the docket of check-ups and shots, it became more apparent that they both didn't think there was a whole lot of lab in him.  They think there is definitely some terrier and probably something else with a teensy bit of lab in there somewhere.  Bottom line, 'the guy' told us he was a lab and we believed him and 'the guy' was wrong whether he meant to be or not (I guess we need to study up on breeds next time we randomly get a dog).  So, lesson learned via Abel: don't acquire a dog (or anything) from an eager guy in front of the gas station with a sign and a puppy, even if I really want to believe what he says.  Kevin agrees.
The truth is...lab or no lab, it doesn't make me love Abel any less and I'm certainly not regretting that we got him.  He has already taught us a life lesson and he's only been ours for a week.  Love him so much.

Cuddling with Kevin...Have I mentioned that Kevin is his favorite?  Grrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...