1.07.2012

Trail Triumph #2

Our new addition has initiated some new routines on Pioneer Trail this past week, including frequent potty breaks, long walks around the farm, and playtime inside.  We have decided to kennel Abel during the day, so we try and give him as much play time as possible in the morning and after work.  In order to do that, I get up to walk/run with Abel at about 5:40 each morning.  I don't mind (yet) getting up to see our cute little guy that early, but there was a small thing that had me worried.  The dark.  At 5:40 it is completely black on Pioneer Trail, so in order to see anything I carry a flashlight.  It definitely helps, but I am still a little timid because at that time in the morning the random noises on the farm seem to be totally magnified.  Abel, nor I, am used to those sounds yet, but every morning we reluctantly head out into the cold, black darkness with a flashlight to guide us.  We have not encountered anything yet (and Kevin says we won't).  I sure hope he's right and whatever is making those intimidating noises stays far, far away from us during our early morning routine.

Abel on a walk this morning.  Weekend walks are better because there is light!

Being frisky

Taking his first bath this morning.

Pretty view from a walk last evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...